Bus Shelter Related
Solar Powered Courtesy Lighting
Our innovative lighting system is the ideal way to illuminate your bus shelters whilst delivering reliable solar-powered courtesy and security lighting and adding to the comfort and safety of your passengers.
The Horizon Group once again provides an innovative and eco-friendly solution and this time it comes in the shape of our Solar Powered Bus Shelter Lighting.
This useful system allows your bus shelters to be illuminated without the need for an additional or residual power source and as such will provide a cost effective way to deliver safety and courtesy lighting for your passengers.
An Ideal Fit for Old and New
If required, these units can be retro-fitted to your existing shelters or integrated as a spec item to your new shelters without the need for an overly disruptive or lengthy installation process.
- 1 x 35w Photovoltaic (PV) panel with cable.
- 2 x 20aph AGM Batteries
- 1 x Solar Controller
- 1 x IP Box inc Lock @ 1400mm x 450mm x 95mm
- 1 x LED light panel inc: housing, diffuser & PIR.
- The LED light fixing bracket is installed
securely into the inside of the shelter roof
- The PV panel is mounted onto the bus stop roof above the LED light bracket and cables passed through the roof into the LED fixing bracket.
- Finally the LED light housing (containing the LED`s batteries and the controller) can be fitted into place and the solar panel connected to the controller. Everything is pre-programmed and the LED light housing can be securely fastened to the bracket by a single security allen screw.
- Your unit is ready to work.
1 x 35w Solar Panel
- Marine quality solar panel
- 2 year warranty
- The solar controller is programmable to run for a pre-determined set of time dependent on your requirements. This allows the shelter to be illuminated at a comfortable level once you enter the hours of darkness
- Safety features include: short circuit, polarity reversal, overload and over temperature protection.
PIR Unit (motion detector)
- The motion detecting PIR unit is ideal for those looking to only illuminate the shelter when someone is present.
- The LED’s illuminate the shelter when it detects someone present and when no motion is detected the LED’s return to stand-by mode.
- 12 volt power supply
- Sensor passive infra-red
- Time delay of between 1 to 12 minutes
- 55 degrees field of view and 5m range
- Switching Capacity 0.5amp, 20v maximum
4 x LED
- Output voltage 12v.
- 4no 1.0w per diode (50,000 hrs life expectancy)
- White high efficiency LED’s
- 2no 12v AGM heavy duty deep cycle sealed batteries wired in series (3 year guarantee)
To find out more about our innovative approach to delivering products and solutions for passenger hubs, please contact us on 01484 460 909 or [email protected]
The Horizon vision is to continually make ourselves proud of the quality products that we manufacture to fulfil our customer’s specific requirements. Our goal is to be recognised as a company of excellence in all aspects of our business and in the markets we operate.